We expect that upon graduation, students in the 工程 program at Bismarck State College with an Associate in Science degree will have:
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- an ability to communicate effectively using graphical, 口服, written and presentation communication 技能
- an ability to use the techniques, 技能, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice
- an ability to make an informed transfer decision appropriate to their interests, desired working conditions, and career goals
We expect that upon graduation, students in the 工程 Technology program at Bismarck State College will be able to:
- Utilize principles, 硬件, and software to produce drawings, 报告, quantity estimates, and other documents related to engineering
- Conduct standardized field and laboratory tests related to engineering and construction
- Utilize individual or collaborate 测量 methods appropriate for land measurement and/or construction layout
- 应用 fundamental computational methods and elementary analytical techniques in sub-disciplines related to civil engineering
- Demonstrate understanding of the basic concepts and processes related to construction project management, water utilities and infrastructure, 测量, and materials testing
- Demonstrate professionalism, 及时性, 卓越, 团队合作, respect for diversity, and the ability to continuously improve while working in a diverse and dynamic technology field
Geographic Information Systems Technician
We expect that upon graduation, students in the Geographic Information Systems Technician program at Bismarck State College will be able to:
- 应用 theoretical considerations in GIS problem solving.
- Perform practical spatial analysis and geo-processing functions.
- Demonstrate organizational 技能 in file and database management.
- 应用 basic graphic cartography and data visualization concepts.
- Effectively communicate and present project results in 口服, written, and graphic forms.
We expect that students who complete math classes at Bismarck State College can demonstrate the ability to:
- select and utilize course content to solve problems at the appropriate level
- model real world problems mathematically
- communicate mathematical results and arguments clearly